Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Book Review: Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult (no spoilers)

 Book: Picture Perfect
Author: Jodi Picoult
Series: Standalone
Publication: July 2nd, 2002
Source: Local Library
Rating: 4/5 stars












Summary:
This book is about Cassie Barret who marries, Alex Rivers, a celebrity. Their relationship is Picture Perfect when they meet and marry on the set of one of Alex's movies. After they return to Hollywood a cycle of abuse, apologizing, and broken promises begin. Cassie is faced with the decision to stay or to leave?


My Thoughts:
When I first started to read this book it was a bit slow. I had a hard time relating to Cassie and her situation. I never did relate to Cassie, but I became interested in her as character. I wanted to keep reading to find out more about her and see what her choice ended up being. Alex was a character I loved at some points in the book then he would do something that made me hate him again. There were happy times in their marriage. The book begins in Cassie's present life, then it skips back to how Cassie and Alex met, then it skips back to Cassie's present life again. I liked this angle because we knew what was going on in the beginning, then we got to see how she got to that point, then we got to see how she came to her ultimate decision. The part that got me to really pick up this novel is that it mentions my home state and Cassie spends time in my home state. It was cool to have an author like Jodi Picoult talk about places I have seen that are the other side of my home state. I really love Jodi Picoult's writing style and I really love her books. This was not my favorite Jodi Picoult novel, but I enjoyed it. Towards the end it was looking like I was going to be disappointed with the ending, but then Jodi Picoult turned around and surprised me and I was really happy with the ending she created.

Thanks for reading


Rachael

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I haven't read this book by her but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one by Jodi Picoult is one of her best books! Glad you liked it too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.