Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bloggiesta Finish Line

I had a very sucessful weekend during Bloggiesta. 

  • First off I finished The Host by Stephenie Meyer. You can read my review here. 
  • I made my review archive which you can click on the tab at the top or follow this link .
  • I put the features pages off until almost last, but in the end it wasn't that hard to make. You can click on the tab up top or follow this link.  I created both the feature and the review archive page in excel and copy and pasted it to my blog. 
  • I only planned to draft next weeks TTT post, but I ended up drafting three weeks post so I'm very proud to complete that goal. 
  • I didn't draft as many discussion posts as I hoped, but I did get two done and even created some pretty cool pictures in Photshop.
  • I found four Read-A-Thons to join and I archived my past read-a-thons in the top bar. You can click the tab up top or follow this link. 
  • I didn't post that I participated in minichallenges so I will post it here because I did participate. 
There is just a general idea of what my review excel spreadsheet looks like. It is not as fancy as the challenge's  host Lauren @ the ramblings of a book lover, but I think it will work for me. 


















I also added a search bar for Amanda @ On a Book Bender's challenge Through a Visitor's eyes. 


I made a lot of improvements over this weekend and did a lot of things that I believe will make my blog more accessible to people who don't know where all my posts are. As I move forward I hope to continue to keep improve my blog as I learn more about being a blogger. I hope to continue to share my passion of books with everybody for years to come. 

12 comments:

  1. I've seen a lot of people do the TTT out in advance. That is a really good idea... but I was so busy with other things I never did that! Blog is looking great!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TTT is such a tiresome, but fun post to make so I'm glad to have some of it done.

      Delete
  2. Way to go Rachael, you got a lot accomplished!! I love Bloggiesta weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first one and I had a lot of fun with it.

      Delete
  3. Nice archive and feature pages! I spent most of my time making pages, too. Cool spreadsheet. Lauren's was super fancy and a little intimidating. I could handle one that looks like yours….I might try it now.


    My finish line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I made my simple and to the point so I could work with it.

      Delete
  4. Nice job getting so much done on your blog! Your review archive looks great, so easy to navigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that means to world to me. At this point I still see the review archive as being a bit pointless because in all truth I haven't reviewed that many books. I only can review them as fast as I read them, but the review archive is just one thing I can do to make it easier for my readers.

      Delete
  5. Great job on your Bloggiesta goals, I'm just now visiting the Bloggiesta finish line participants. The Excel challenge was so helpful and I am so glad you have a readathons page, I am a sucker for them too. New follower from Bloglovin, glad to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bloglovin. Great place to follow and great reader also. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  6. I love my excel sheet for planning my blog posts. I learned about it during a past Bloggiesta and can't believe I hadn't had one before. congrats on getting so much done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I don't do it for blog posts yet because I kind of just blog when I can.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.