Sunday, March 31, 2013

March Wrap Up and April TBR (To Be Read)

March Wrap Up
Is it just me or did this month go by really quick. March was a busy month for my household so to say the least I didn't read as much. I read a total of  8 books in March. A couple were really short so it still does not measure up to the 8 books I read in February, but I did well. I participated in a number of read-a-thons for March and I have some more lined up for April so I'm hoping to get many books done in April. 

1. 
 The first book I read was Across the rolling River by Celia Wilkins. This book was mediocore at best compared to the last book in the series On Top of Concord Hill. (Review).

Challenges this fit into: A to Z, Library, Let me Count the Ways, Outdo Yourself, Quick Fix, Book Bingo, New Authors, and First Reads






2. 
 The second book I read was 204 Rosewood Lane. I listened this entire book though audiobook while I scanned pictures for my graduation slideshow and I think I enjoyed this book even more than the first. (Review) (Character Follow Along).

Challenges this fit into: Library, Let me Count the Ways, Outdo Yourself, Seriously Series, Book Bingo, In the Middle, Book in a Series, and Monthly Keywords.




3. 
 The Third book I read was Redemption by Karen Kingsbury. This was my first hated book of 2013 and I will have to thank my friends for this book because there always has to be one book you didn't like. Even though I didn't like the book I still did a review for you guys to check out. I believe my job as a blogger is to keep you away from books you may not like as well as recommend ones you might like. (Review).

Challenges this fit into: Library, Let me Count the Ways, Outdo Yourself, Book Bingo, In the Middle, Books in a Series, New Authors, and First Reads. 

4. 
The fourth book I read was Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. This book is one of my favorites of the month. I really enjoyed my time listening and reading to this book. The review is by far the most creative post I have done yet. (Review).

Challenges this fit into: Library, Books to Movie, Let me Count the Ways, Outdo Yourself, Quick Fix, Book Bingo, New Authors, and First Reads. 




5. 
The fifth book I read was The Host by Stephenie Meyer. It was an amazing book and I really enjoyed my experience reading the book although it felt like it took me a long time to read the book. I went to see the movie on opening day and loved the movie. The movie was able to stay true to the book and just cut out instead of changing the plot line. I would recommend people to read this book (Review)

Challenges this fit into: A to Z, Library, Books to Movie, Let me Count the Ways, Outdo Yourself, Chunkster, and Book Bingo.



6. 
Glitches by Marissa Meyer is a novella meant to be reading before Cinder so that is what I did. This is the only book I didn't review this month since it wasn't long enough to make a review. Glitches can be found on Goodreads and there is a link to read the story online. A few copies of Cinder have the novella in them, but mine didn't so I read it online. I would say that Glitches is worth reading. It took me 30 minutes to read because it is only 16 pages and it explained a couple things that Cinder did not explain such as the death of Cinder's step father Garan and why Cinder is a cyborg.

Challenges this fit into: A to Z, Let me Count the Ways, Outdo Yourself, and Quick Fix
7. 
The seventh book I read was my first ever graphic novel, Marvel Fairy Tales by C.B. Cebulski. I thought this book was just okay and it didn't take me long to read, but I do think there are better graphic novels out there. I had to read one graphic novel for this class I'm taking called independent reading. (Review).

Challenges this fit into: A to Z, Library, Let me Count the Ways, Outdo Yourself, Quick Fix, Book Bingo, New Authors, and First Reads. 




8. 
The final book I completed in March is Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I thoroughly enjoyed Cinder and can't wait to pick up its sequel Scarlet. Everybody that I know has loved this book and they were so right it was amazing. (Review).

Challenges this fit into: Library, Let me Count the Ways, Outdo Yourself, Fairy Tales Retold, Book Bingo, In the Middle, New Authors, First Reads, Telling Tales, and Spring Reading Thing.



April TBR
If you read my post about not following your TBR pile you would know that I deviated from my March TBR and didn't finish the books I put on it. In fact only 2 of the books I read in March came from my TBR list so April is going to be catch up month because I do still want to finish those books I put on my March TBR plus add a couple to the list. 
Does the list look farmilair? It should. I had  4 of these 6 books on my March TBR. The books I plan to read in April are Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, And Then I Found You by Patti Callahan Henry, Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson, Splintered by A.G. Howard, and Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick. Hopefully I will be able to stick to my list and get these amazing books read in April. I'm currently reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult and it is amazing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.