Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top Ten Series I want to read, but haven't started

This will be my first post of Top Ten Tuesday. I don't know if I will do it every week, but I will do it when the topic interests me as it did today. Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers list their top ten favorite things on a bookish topic. 


Today's post is about the top 10 series that I want to read, but haven't started yet. Oh Series you either love them or hate them and I personally fall closer to the hate them side. I have said over and over again how much I love standalone because they don't add a million books to your to be read pile, but that doesn't mean I don't read series. I read series, but I try to moderate myself on the number of series I take on. I will put at the bottom of this post which series I am in the middle of. Not all the series I mention in this post will be read this year, but a few may be started or if they are really good started and finished. 


Top 10 Series (where Rachael goes over the ten)
1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer -I plan to read the first two books of the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Scarlet in March. There is supposed be be four books in this series, but these are the two out as of now. 
2. Under The Never Sky/ Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi- I'm participating in a Read-a-long so I plan to at least read Under the Never Sky in March. Theses covers a beautiful and the series sounds cool so I hope I enjoy it. 
3. Legend/ Prodigy by Marie Lu - Who hasn't read Legend. I feel like I'm the only person left that hasn't started this series. 


4. The Immortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare- This series is a must start in 2013 because City of Bones is coming out as a movie in August. Everybody seems to love this series so I hope I like it too. 
5. Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth- Okay time to beat me up I haven't read Divergent yet. My sister loved this series so I hope I enjoy it also. 

6. Just One Day by Gayle Forman- I just really need to read Gayle Forman. I think I have been really missing out.
7. Summer Series by Jenny Han- This series looks really good. I'm not in a big rush to read it, but I would like to read it someday. 
8. Blossom Street Series by Debbie Macomber- I like Debbie Macomber and I would love to read another set of books by her. 
9. Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver- The last book just came out maybe it is time for me to start the series. 
10. Hundred Oaks Series by Miranda Kenneally- One of my friends says this series is a must read so I'm going to give it a try eventually.
11. If I Stay Series by Gayle Forman- Like I said before I just really need to start reading Gayle Forman.

12. Anna and the French Kiss/ Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins- Everybody loves this book so eventually I need to read these companion novels.
13. Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand- I just love the summaries and the covers so I hope I like the books.


Series I'm Reading Right Now
1. Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- I have currently read through Beautiful Darkness and I'm loving this series.

2. The Caroline Series by Maria D. Wilkes/ Celia Wilkins- I'm currently reading Across the Rolling River which is the first book by Celia Wilkins. On Top of Concord Hill was the first book I really enjoyed in this series. I enjoy learning about Laura Ingalls Wilder's mother. 

3. Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury- I'm currently reading the first book and I'm not sure if I'm going to continue the series. 

4. The Cedar Cove Series by Debbie Macomber- There is 12 books in this series, but the picture is of the two I have read. I'm almost done with the 2nd book 204 Rosewood Lane. I have really been enjoying this series. The TV shows comes out this summer. 


Thanks for joining me. Leave your opinions in the comments. I know the list is rather large, but I probably won't get to most series for a while. 


Rachael 







4 comments:

  1. Legend was really good, I can't wait to read prodigy. I love Divergent, I hope you like it too. Delirium wasn't what I expected, I liked the first book but I think I wont like the others as much from what I've heard about them. I'm reading Under the Never Sky this month but other than that I haven't read the others. So many series, I know what you mean that they add too many books to our TBR lists but I still like series. If I love the characters and the world they live in, I wouldn't want only three books. I don't want Divergent to end, if she had a book out every month I think I'd read them all as soon as they came out. That's how much I loved them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I like series they are just hard to keep up with and I think standalones get nelected in the proceess if we only read series.

      Delete
  2. Glad you decided to join TTT! I only ever participate when I like the topic, but there are so many good ones, I actually don't skip that many weeks. I don't know how the last book turns out, but based on the first two, I highly recommend the Delirium series. A lot of people seem disgruntled, but I have a feeling I'm going to like the ending -- as soon as my copy arrives, I can find out for myself!

    A lot of your other picks are on my "want to read" list as well, especially all of the Gayle Forman books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle Forman wow I need to read her. Just One Day looks so amazing. I don't know when I will get to Delirium, but we will see how I like it.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.