Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Debbie Macomber, How I got started reading her novels?

I haven't done an authors I love post for a while so I thought I would go back to the place I left off. Back in February when it came time for me to put up a post about Debbie Macomber I didn't think I had read very many books by her and I didn't think I would have too much to say so I stopped my author series for a short period of time to give me more time to read some more books by Debbie Macomber. 

Now four months later Debbie Macomber comes just below Jodi Picoult on my most read author list. I rank Jodi Picoult as one of my top favorite authors so that must mean the Debbie Macomber is coming up in the ranks also. 

I read my first novel by Debbie Macomber in late November of 2011. I heard that she had a new movie coming on the Hallmark Channel called Trading Christmases. After seeing the commercial and learning there was a book I knew I had to read. You guys haven't really found out yet, but you will come Christmas time that I'm obsessed with Hallmark Channel's Christmas movies. The first novel I read by Debbie Macomber was When Christmas Comes. I loved it and I couldn't wait to watch the movie which I also fell in love with. My dad even bought the DVD so I don't have to wait until Christmas time to read it. 

I also learned that Mrs. Miracle and Call me Mrs. Miracle which are Christmas movies I have been watching for years were based on books by Debbie Macomber so I quickly checked them out from the library and loved both of them. Then to finish off the Christmas season I read The Christmas Basket by Debbie Macomber finishing the book in the middle of January 2012. 

After The Christmas Basket I didn't really read Debbie Macomber. I looked at her books and I saw a lot of amazing Christmas books that I planned to read during the next Christmas season. I start my Christmas reading in November. Shame on me. I kicked off my Christmas reading in 2012 on November 19th, but I didn't read my first Debbie Macomber Christmas book until the 23rd. I read Small Town Christmas: Return to Promise/Mail-Order Bride with my Debbie Macomber goodreads group. Then I followed by reading The Forgetful Bride. Then the Debbie Macomber goodreads group chose There's Something about Christmas and Here Comes Trouble for their December books of the month. There's Something about Christmas quickly became my favorite Debbie Macomber book while Here Comes Trouble became my least favorite. 

I finished my Christmas reading on January 2nd 2013 for this Christmas season. I resumed my regular reading. I figured I wouldn't pick up another Debbie Macomber book until December. Then I learned that her Cedar Cove Series was going to made into a television series on Hallmark. I started listening to her Cedar Cove Series through my library's audiobook/ebook checkout program. I really enjoy this narrator. So far I have read 16 Lighthouse Road, 204 Rosewood Lane, 311 Pelican Court, and 44 Cranberry Point. I have done full reviews on all of them and so far my favorite has been 204 Rosewood Lane. I will have a post up later about the Cedar Cove Television show and my feelings, but I'm happy that we now have a air date of July 20th with a 2 hour pilot. 

The biggest reason that Debbie Macomber is one of my favorite authors is that her books talk about real life. I feel like I'm friends were her characters. I feel like I have been in some of her character's shoes. I really feel like I relate to Debbie Macomber's books. Debbie Macomber takes you home is her slogan and I feel that is the truth. 

Another thing about Debbie Macomber that can be overwhelming and joyful at the same time is that fact that she has so many books. I have read 12 books by Debbie Macomber yet I haven't even scratched the surface of how many books she has written. I often go onto her website and look at her Christmas books just to choose a random one to read. She is a very diverse author, but the main reason I got into her was her Christmas books and for that she will always have a special place in my heart. 


Thanks for reading


Rachael 

Books Read: 

Christmas books

Cedar Cove Series




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.