Friday, August 2, 2013

Book Review: 5-B Poppy Lane by Debbie Macomber (no spoilers)

Book: 5-B Poppy Lane
Author: Debbie Macomber
Publication: Febraury 1st, 2006
Series: Cedar Cove 5.5
Source: Own Read out of the Anthology Hearts Divided
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Summary (from Goodreads):
All her life, Ruth Shelton has loved visiting her grandmother in Cedar Cove, Washington. Now Ruth comes to ask advice about her own romance with a soldier -- and discovers a secret in her grandmother's past.





My Thoughts:
I can't say that I think 5-B Poppy Lane really belonged in the cedar cove series. Charlotte Jefferson Rhodes was the only character of the Cedar Cove series mentioned in this short novella. Places of Cedar Cove were mentioned and I enjoyed the characters Debbie Macomber created for this novella.

Ruth was the main character and she has been sending letters back and forth with a marine named Paul although she doesn't believe in the war. He finally comes home on leave and Ruth and Paul finally meet. When Ruth takes Paul to meet her grandmother Helen Shelton in Cedar Cove she discovers mind blowing secrets about a woman she thought she knew so well.

There were parts of this novella that literally gave me goose bumps I was so enthralled in Helen's story. I had parts of the novella where I respected Ruth views and other times when I thought she was being crazy. I really enjoyed this novella and although it isn't really a cedar cove novel it is still a great Debbie Macomber novel. I would recommend reading it since it won't take long and you will love the story.

Thanks


Rachael 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.