Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gayle Forman Read Along If I Stay Week 2 Answers (spoilers included)


Shortly after Kim arrives at the hospital, she goes to the hospital chapel to pray. How does this scene fit in with who she is? 

Kim's family is Jewish, but Mia always says that she doesn't take her religion seriously  While Mia is a softy Kim is a strong woman. She was able to calm down her mom and she was able to be strong for Mia and Adam. 

In the pages we've read Mia begins to realize that it's up to her if she wants to stay. What's hard about this decision? Based on what you know so far, talk about where you think she's at mentally and what her reaction to this knowledge might be.

I think it would be a very hard decision to stay or to go. She knows that if she comes back she has no family. She knows that if she leaves she leaves Adam, Kim, Willow, and her grandparents behind. I think Mia is freaking out a little bit about this knowledge because what if she doesn't make the right choice? If there even is a right choice. 

Mia's parents are definitely different than she is. How do you think their personalities affect Mia? 

Mia's parents choice in music is the thing that makes them the most different from her. That like Hard Rock while Mia plays the Cello. I also think that Mia's parents personalities really help Mia grow as a person. Although they may be different they are fine with living their lives the way they want to live their lives. I think Mia tries to take after that with her own life. It is okay to be different. I think that is a key theme in this novel. 

The Halloween scene is one of my favorites- what do you think is significant about this particular scene in terms of Mia and Adam's relationship?

The Halloween scene was Mia's way of showing Adam that she can fit into his lifestyle although she doesn't always like his band's music. The Halloween scene also made me a little bit mad. Why should Mia have to change who she is for Adam? I like what Adam says at the end that This Mia is fine, but he likes the real Mia better. I think that was a major turning point in Mia and Adam's relationship.

Mia desperately wants Adam and Kim to be friends, but it's just not happening for them. Was it surprising to you to see Kim and Adam come together in the hospital? What are your thoughts on this? 

Mia made such a big deal about Adam and Kim being friends and she even got mad at Kim when it didn't work out. People will do strange things for the people they love. Kim knew that she needed to bring Adam and Mia together. She did what it took to get Adam in to see Mia because she loves Mia. Yes, it was surprising to me, but  at the same time I know that worst enemies can be friends in time of need. 


Thanks for reading

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.