Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Book Review: 6 Rainier Drive by Debbie Macomber (Cedar Cove # 6) (no spoilers)

Book: 6 Rainier Drive
Author: Debbie Macomber
Publication: January 1st, 2006
Source: Local Library
Read: March 9th- 14th, 2014
Summary (From Back of Book):
6 Rainier Drive 
Cedar Cove, Washington 

 Dear Reader
 As you may have heard, we've recently had quite a shock. My husband, Seth, and I lost out business, The Lighthouse restaurant - to arson. The investigation continues. The prime suspect is a young ex-employee named Anson Butler, who disappeared right after the fire.

 So Seth and I are trying to sort out our lives. (And let me tell you, this kind of crisis is not good for a marriage.) In the meantime, life goes on for everyone else in Cedar Cove- with marriages, births, reunions and even the occasional scandal. One of the most interesting pieces of news is that Cal, who works on Cliff Harding's ranch, is now rescuing wild mustangs from Wyoming.

 I have to run- I'm meeting an old friend, Warren Saget, for lunch. Let's talk soon, and I'll fill you in on everything that's happening in town!

 Justine


My Thoughts:

I do not know why I waited so long to come back to this series. I have not read a Cedar Cove book since July. I enjoyed 6 Rainier Drive so much.

Justine has always been my favorite character so I was excited to learn more about her life in 6 Rainier Drive. I used to not imagine her like the character on the show, but I totally do now. I think the actress that plays her fits Justine perfectly. I also liked seeing more Linette and Rachel in this novel. Allison Cox also had a big role. I always enjoy Maryellen. I hope she gets her own book eventually.

I would have loved to see more Olivia and Grace, but I guess married life is just so serene for them both that they don't have much news to catch us up on.

I always enjoy the Cedar Cove series. Debbie Macomber makes this novels feel like home. She makes me think these people are people I know and I have enjoyed every book in this series. I'm going to be disappointed to finish the series, but at least I have a ways to go. The ending of 6 Rainier Drive was shocking as usual. I had no idea that this person would have set the fire.

The only thing I'm not very happy about is that the next book is about a character I don't really care for. I probably shouldn't put off reading it for too long. My library at college has this book so I hope to check it out and read it soon.

Check Out My Character follow along Spoilers included.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.