Wednesday, May 7, 2014

April Wrap Up and May TBR


As you can see I was able to read a lot of books in April. I'm going to contribute the months sucess to True Colors by Kristin Hannah. This book was the first book I have read in a long time that I did not want to put down. Then I read Four Friends by Robyn Carr, which I had a hard time getting into. I wanted to read another book that I loved, but since Four Friends was a review book I wanted to finish it, so I went into a period of a reading slump where I just couldn't really stick to anything. I was reading Four Friends, Heaven is For Real, and Rereading Firefly Lane all in the same time period. I was at the library one night and I picked up Family Affair, which was a short 90 page read. Then I was reading 74 Seaside Avenue and listening to Heaven Changes Everything at the same time. I finished 74 Seaside Avenue, Heaven Changes Everything, Through a Tangled Wood, and Attachments. Swan Sister was a pretty quick read. Being in that reading slump where I wasn't able to stick to just one book is what I attributed to reading more books than usual this month. I read 11 books. I gave six 5 stars, three 4 stars, and two 3 stars. I have still been fortunate this year to not have read a book I hate or had to quite. I have just read some mediocre books. 

Reviews
Through a Tangled Wood by Various Authors
Swan Sister edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling


So guess what I finished all Five books on my TBR I set for March plus I was able to add in books I didn't think I would get to in the month. I think five books on my TBR pile is working great for me so although I hope to read more since I won't be in school I'm going to set my goal to read these five. My review book for this month is Just Destiny by Theresa Rizzo. Then I plan to reread The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and read Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker, and Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan


Also don't forget to sing up for the Library books readathon coming the second week of June. Here

2 comments:

  1. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare is my favorite YA series. :) Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister said that I would struggle through the first book and love the rest of the series. For Cassandra Clare it is worth it.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.