Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Library Challenge: Library Discovery



I have two pictures for you today. I finished The Rules for Disapearing by Ashley Elston and took that back today. I'm currently reading The Rules for Breaking by Ashley Elston. Then my pile to the right. Some of these I'm getting tired of showing you guys which means I must read them soon. The stack from top to bottom is Rumplestilskin by Jenni James (inter-library loan), Popular by Maya Van Wagnen, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, The Real Boy by Anne Ursu, Little City by the Lake by Celcia Wilkins, The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan, Little House in the Ozarks by Laura Ingalls Wilder (this one is very slow moving, but I'm making my way through it. I'm at page 60). 





This weeks topic is library discovery. I really wanted to do a random book challenge for myself this week, but my stack being this large makes it impossible. I'm afraid this weekend won't help as I'm going to my friends house and won't get much reading done while I'm there. I worked 2 days so far this week and I'm loving my new job at the church daycare. I find it fun to be around children for a portion of my day. I especially like the hour I get to spend in the infant room. I think this is going to be a great temporary job while I finish school. 

Library Discovery that I want to share with my readers that I have know about and loved for a while is worldcat.org. This doesn't only apply to my library it applies to all library. You can look up any book on this website and it will tell you if a library in the United States owns the book so you can inter-library loan the book 6 months after the release date. 

I'm hoping by Monday you will see a smaller pile here. I need to read the ones I have had checked out the longest soon because I'm running out of renews. 

9 comments:

  1. Good luck getting through that pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I see some good books in this pile. Well...I guess books that I hope are good because they're on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they all will be good when I get around to them.

      Delete
  3. That's quite a pile still! Looks like you need to read lots this week! I didn't make it to the library yet, besides dropping off books I've finished, but I still have quite the stack as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get much reading done this week. I did finish one book and I'm working on the second, but I won't finish it by tonight so it will roll over into next week.

      Delete
  4. Great stack! Loved Fangirl and Clockwork Angel. I am reading my first Jenni James book now and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sarah! Good Luck with Jenni James.

      Delete
  5. Haha, I have so many problems with repeatedly renewing library books >.> I'm so tempted to go and just check out another to ease my book obsession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true for me also. I have to return a bunch unread this week.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.