Sunday, October 19, 2014

24 Hour Read-A-Thon October 2014 Finish Line Hour 24 Update

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I always do better in the spring with the read-a-thon. I didn't force myself to stay up last night because I was happy with my progress. I passed out in hour 16. 
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and  Siobhan Vivian, How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) come true by Sarah Stroymeyer
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think the read-a-thon is great. I do think the blogs were a bit quiet this time around probaby because cheerleaders are always lacking. I might consider cheering for a few hours in April. 
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The social media was great. I loved the goodreads group. 
  5. How many books did you read? 2. I finished the last little bit in Zoe. Then I read all of Burn for Burn and started a little bit of Fire With Fire.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Stroymeyer, Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Burn for Burn
  8. Which did you enjoy least? I liked them both
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I might consider being a reader and a cheerleader come spring. We will see when the time comes. 
pg 0 to pg 12 from 10:50 to 11:01

Pages Read: 12
Time Read: 11 minutes
Total Pages Read: 417
Total Time Read: 8 hours 44 minutes

This is the completion of my fourth Dewey's Read-a-Thon. It is such a fun time. I  am excited to participate in the spring. 



8 comments:

  1. Great job! I thought the blogs seemed really quiet too and I never got the hang of interacting with other bloggers. I did read quite a bit though. Hope you are having a good school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School year is going okay. I have taken some hard classes this semester. I didn't get to as many blogs as I usually do.

      Delete
  2. Odd, you're the 2nd person to say that blogs were quiet. Mine weren't for my cheerleading team. There were about 15 that ended up not doing anything, but that still left over 60 to visit, and they were quite active, plus all the regular people I follow who I didn't even get to! Cheerleading takes forever, I suggest multitasking with an audiobook, if you decide to cheer. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just kind of meant I didn't get a whole lot of comments like I usually do. A lot of the blogs I follow were doing regular updates which I didn't get to. I just usually interact a lot more with other bloggers on read-a-thon day, but I didn't manage as much this time around. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't listen to any audiobooks yesterday, but I usually do.

      Delete
  3. So this was my first readathon ever and I wasn't sure what to expect - I had said to cheer for me on twitter because I felt like I would be able to respond to that interaction a lot better than on my blog - and I think I'll do that again next time. I'm actually just now getting to replying to all the comments that were left on my blog. I had planned to check out the good reads group but never made it past joining! Oops! There's just so much going on - I pretty much lived on twitter.

    Awesome job! I'm really looking forward to the spring readathon and might do some cheering while listening to audio books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dewey's Readathon. I'm so glad you decided to join. It is an awesome day of so much reading. It helps me make a dent in my tbr pile and I enjoy spending the day reading.

      Delete
  4. I didn't do so well on my participation in the Goodreads group unfortunately. I think Twitter wound up taking most of my social media time. I'm with you on the comments thing. I think a lot of people must have been doing what I did, visiting after the fact. I've decided that next time I'm going to take 1 hour out of each 4 hour block to do blog reading and social media stuff, hopefully that will help me stay more interactive with the blogs I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea Elle. I enjoy the social part of this read-a-thon as well as the reading.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.