Monday, January 5, 2015

November and December Wrap Up & January TBR

It is the new year, but I want to finish wrapping up 2014 and showing you my JanuaryTBR.  In November I read 2 books. The first book was Someday Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham which I never reviewed on the blog. I did not enjoy this book. It took me a long time to get into and I didn't feel any connection to the main character of like anything was really happening. This is a book I have been wanting to read for a while and it was a major disappointment. Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian was the final book in the Burn for Burn series. I really enjoyed this series finale.

I really enjoyed all the books I read in December. I finally finished Moonlight by Ann Hunter. I enjoyed this book, but just didn't have the time to read it. Then I read Where There's Smoke by Jodi Picoult which was an interesting, short read. Infinite by Jodi Meadows was the conclusion to the NewSoul trilogy. I thoroughly enjoyed this read and the conclusion to this wonderful series. Then I moved on to my two Christmas reads. Can this be Christmas? by Debbie Macomber and An O'Brien Family Christmas by Sherryl Woods. I enjoyed both of these light Christmas reads. 


I set up four physical books and one ebook that I would like to complete in January plus my January TBR List pick. Of course I know which book has won by now, but I will announce the winner on Thursday. I'm currently reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I'm the black sheep as far as The Hunger Games goes. I didn't like the first book and maybe I read it at the wrong time when I wasn't in the mood for it, but I found the book to be boring and I couldn't get over the plotline. I read The Hunger Games before I started blogging and my sister has been telling me to finish the series since. I'm currently on page 124 of Catching Fire and so far I'm enjoying it. Then I'm going to continue the series with Mockingjay. Then I would like to read Wonder by R.J. Palacio and To All the Boys I have Loved Before by Jenny Han. I'm borrowing Catching Fire and Mockingjay from my roommate. I own Wonder and To All the Boys I have Loved Before. 

Then there is Fallen by Ann Hunter. I'm currently about 19% through this book. I'm reading this on my Kindle App on my PC, Mac, and Iphone. I have found that I really love how fast this app syncs. I can be reading on my phone and go on my computer later to read and it will get to me to the exact page I left off on my phone. 

That is my plan for January. I usually get a lot of reading done in January because I'm motivated for the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.