Sunday, April 5, 2015

Read My Library Challenge Week 1 Update



In the first few short days of this challenge I have managed to finish two library books. I'm working on a non-library book right now.

I finished Bossypants by Tina Fey. I have been listening to this one for about three weeks as an audiobook in my car. Tina Fey records it herself and it was really fun to hear her talking about her own life.

Then I finished The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. This book was released February 3rd, 2015. This novel is about WWII and the women's resistance. It was such a great read.

Here is my pile of current checkouts. I just picked these up at the library on April 2nd. The books are Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover, Mery by Jodi Picoult, The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider, and At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks. 




This week topic is to tell us about your Library. Above are pictures of my local library. This library itself is pretty small, but it is part of a system that has 13 library branches. We can order books from any of the libraries and have them shipped to our library of choice. I usually just use the online account to place request and they tell me when I have a book in. Every once in a while I will browse and take a book off the shelf, but that is dangerous because I usually come out with a stack of books and too many to read in the time period.

The library is connected to my high school and middle school, which was the main reason I chose this branch of the library system. We have a couple others that are close to us. I continue to use this library while I'm away at college because I love the staff. I pass several of the libraries on the way home, but I stay at this library because it allows my sister to pick up my books for me and I love keeping the relationship I have with the staff. In high school I would spend many hours reading or talking to my friends in the library. We would hang out at the library after school or before school and just talk. During my senior year I spend almost half of my day in the library since I would be in there during my open period and my student aide period.

My library is pretty small, but thanks to the library system they usually have the books I want or I can inter-library loan them. I love the library and how it allows me to read so many books in a year. I only have so much money I can spend on books, so the library helps me to be able to try new authors and keep up with my favorite authors.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Bossypants! If you liked it, I'd suggest Amy Poehler's "Yes Please". A few chapters were really interesting because they're writing about the same time period so reading both you get two points of the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the waiting list for Yes Please. It is a very popular book at my library.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.