Sunday, May 31, 2015

March, April, and May Wrap Up

Of the months I'm going to wrap up the books I read in March were by far my favorite. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour made road trips sound so fun, I couldn't put down Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, A Little House of their Own was a great wrap up to the Caroline Series, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before was a great read and I can't wait to read the 2nd one, which just came out this month.

April was a pretty good month also. The Nightingale was an intense book that gave me so much information about a different side of WWII, since this book took place in German occupied France. I got very attached to the characters and its the first book to make me cry this year. I was looking for a light book to read after Nightingale, so I chose Meant to Be. This book was short but took me forever because I felt no connection to the characters. The Beginning of Everything was my Dewey Read-A-Thon book. I read this book in a day. I honestly could not put the book down. I loved Ezra and Cassidy. One tragic event leads to the beginning of everything and the many changes in Ezra's life.



Tuesdays at the Castle was a random pick up at the library. I volunteer at the library every week and no kids showed up so I picked a book to read while I waited. This was middle grade, so it was a pretty easy read. It took me a while to get into, but I loved the concept.  8 Sandpiper Way is the 8th book in the Cedar Cove series. It was slow going at the beginning, but eventually I got back into the world and fell back in love with the characters. Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows has been my least favorite book of this year. I have loved Jodi Meadows in the past, but this book was hard to get into. I  would say it took me 150 pages to get into. Then I was just semi interested in the middle section. I was actually interested in the last section. I will probably read the second book just to know what happens, but overall I was very disappointed. I didn't form a solid connection to Wil and it was hard to keep the characters straight. There wasn't much happening for most of the book.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you read some pretty good books! Amy & Roger is one that I've wanted to check out for a while but I still have to purchase a copy.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.