Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant to Read, but Didn't



I did this post last year for both 2013 and 2014. I still haven't read all of the 2013 or 2014 releases, but I tried to hit them over the year. I am doing updates on those list in the next few weeks. For now here are the 2015 releases that I wanted to read, but didn't. I put the authors I have read previously first followed by 3 new authors. 

1. Winter by Marissa Meyer- this just came in at the library. I'm excited to read the final book in the series. 
2. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell- I didn't get to this book over break, but I have it checked out and plan to read it soon. 
3. The Start of You and Me by Emery Lord- I'm surprised I never got to this book given how much I loved Emery Lord's first novel.
4. See Me by Nicholas Sparks- this has over 100 holds at the library, so it is just a matter of time until it comes in for me. 
5. Jack by Liesel Shurtliff- I loved the other book I read by this author so I'm excited to get to Jack
6. Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George- I read four books by George last year, but this wasn't one of them. 
7. Mirrored by Alex Flinn- I'm interested in this one's summary. It sounds like a great retelling. 
8. Tonight the Streets are Ours by Leila Sales- We bought this one on Black Friday because we loved the summary. 
9. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston- Another book we bought on Black Friday. It sounds like a great fairy tale retelling
10. How to be Brave by  E. Katherine Kottaras- I have heard this one is emotional, but that is sometimes when I get attached to the characters the most. 


9 comments:

  1. Mirrored sounds amazing!! I really want to try that book :)

    http://yumiandyuji.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Flinn's work. I just haven't read very many books by her, but I need to.

      Delete
  2. Winter and Silver in the Blood were on my list as well. I need to read Jack as well. I think another one of Shurtliff's books has come out. Isn't there one called Red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I just looked and she has another one. That means I'm really behind. We will see how many of these I get to this year.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these either! But I will be starting Winter soon (I'm currently rereading the rest of the series)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series and I'm excited to finish it. I'm working on Soundless then I have two inter-library loans I need to read before I tackle winter.

      Delete
  4. I planned to get to it during winter break, but it didn't come into the library until the very end of break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter and Carry On are on the top of my list! I cannot believe I didn't get to them.

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but life just happens sometimes. I hope you get to them soon.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.