Sunday, April 24, 2016

Dewey's Readathon April 2016 Finish Line


Another Dewey's Readathon has come to an end. I called it early last night because I was so tired. It was one of those nights that I was basically asleep by the time my head hit the pillow. 

pg 373 to pg 392 9:34 to 10:00

I thought I would finish this book because it was getting so good. I will probably finish it today. 

Pages Read: 19
Time Read: 26 minutes
Total Pages Read: 187
Total Time Read: 4 hours 38 minutes

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? 16 I ended up calling it a day. 
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The only book I read this round was Clockwork Angel. This wasn't was not as fast paced as previous books I have chosen for the readathon. 
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? I missed the cheering on the blogs. I got one comment the whole readathon and that is really sad. I was planning on being an official chearleader again this year, but with the blog option taken away I decided not to. I did cheer for some of the blogs I follow. 
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved the facebook group and the hourly updates as usual. 
  5. How many books did you read? 0 (I'm almost done with Clockwork Angel)
  6. What were the names of the books you read? -
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? -
  8. Which did you enjoy least? -
  9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will be back in October as a reader for sure. 
As per usual my stats over several readathons. This is my 7th readathon. Each readathon is different and holds a different schedule for the day, but I continue to make the readathon work for me and enjoy every moment. I also find it funny that I got the same readathon time two readathons in a row, but as you can see a lot less pages this time around. 

April 2013: 296 pages
Oct 2013: 92 pages
April 2014: 440 pages
Oct 2014: 417 pages
April 2015: 360 pages
Oct 2015: 256 pages
April 2016: 187 pages

April 2013: 8 hours 6 minutes
Oct 2013: 3 hours 44 minutes
April 2014: 11 hours 24 minutes
Oct 2014: 8 hours 44 minutes
April 2015: 9 hours 13 minutes
Oct 2015: 4 hours and 38 minutes
April 2016: 4 hours and 38 minutes


2 comments:

  1. I had to miss this one, since I was Saturday librarian. :( I loved Clockwork Angel, but I still need to finish the series. You did great, especially with being in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't/didn't do homework the entire weekend. I plan to study for my Early Childhood Final tonight. It is tomorrow, but it is open book/open notes, so I'm not too worried.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.