Saturday, February 4, 2017

TBR List ~ Let's Vote: February 2017

Hosted by Because Reading
It is always a continual goal for me to read books on my goodreads TBR list. I started 2016 with 335 books on my TBR and I'm starting 2017 with 368 books on my TBR list. The list is endless as authors continue to write and there is a million good books out there. I used random.org to choose 3 books from my goodreads TBR list. These books are very different from each other. I'm interested to see which one you guys choose.

Endings and beginnings sit so close to each other that it’s sometimes impossible to tell which is which.

 Nothing lasts forever, and no one gets that more than Tessa. After her mother died, it’s all she can do to keep her friends, her boyfriend, her happiness from slipping away. And then there’s her dad. He’s stuck in his own daze, and it’s so hard to feel like a family when their house no longer seems like a home.

 Her father’s solution? An impromptu road trip that lands them in a small coastal town at Tessa’s grandmother’s. Despite all the warmth and beauty there, Tessa can’t help but feel even more lost.

 Enter Henry Lark. He understands the relationships that matter. And more importantly, he understands her. A secret stands between them, but Tessa’s willing to do anything to bring them together—because Henry may just be her one chance at forever.


Twenty-nine-year-old Lindsey Rose has, for as long as she can remember, lived in the shadow of her devastatingly beautiful fraternal twin sister, Alex. Determined to get noticed, Lindsey is finally on the cusp of being named creative vice president of an elite New York advertising agency, after years of eighty-plus hour weeks, migraines, and profound loneliness. But during the course of one devastating night, Lindsey’s carefully constructed life implodes. Humiliated and desperate, she flees the glitter of Manhattan and retreats to the time warp of her parents’ Maryland home. As her sister plans her lavish wedding to her prince charming, Lindsey struggles to maintain her identity as the smart, responsible twin, while she furtively tries to put her career back together. But things get more complicated when a long held family secret is unleashed that forces both sisters to reconsider who they are and who they are meant to be.

An emotional contemporary YA novel about love, loss, and having the courage to chase the life you truly want.

 Reeling from her mother's death, Georgia has a choice: become lost in her own pain, or enjoy life right now, while she still can. She decides to start really living for the first time and makes a list of fifteen ways to be brave - all the things she's wanted to do but never had the courage to try. As she begins doing the things she's always been afraid to do - including pursuing her secret crush, she discovers that life doesn't always go according to plan. Sometimes friendships fall apart and love breaks your heart. But once in a while, the right person shows up just when you need them most - and you learn that you're stronger and braver than you ever imagined.

9 comments:

  1. I voted for How To Be Brave because I have that on my TBR and I'd love to see your thoughts on it. I hope you enjoy whichever one wins.

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Opposite of Me sounds interesting. I hope you love whichever one wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all different--you're right. It makes it hard to choose too because they all sound good. I went with The Opposite of Me in the end. I want to know what that secret is! I hope you enjoy whichever wins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Opposite of Me sounds really good. Hope you enjoy the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went with the Opposite of Me, because I am intrigued as to what the secret may be. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for the Opposite of Me but all three sound really good. I hope you enjoy the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ended up picking The Opposite of Me but How to be Brave sounds really good too. Well, The Last Forever does too and I've enjoyed Caletti before...but I picked The Opposite of Me. lol Happy reading, Rachael!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted for How to be Brave because something about that cover just called to me :) I hope you enjoy whichever book wins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late getting to voting this month... sorry! Hope I didn't mess anything up and create a tie :D I voted for How to be Brave because they all sound really good, but that one called to me the most. Maybe because being brave is something I think I find really hard lol :) Enjoy the winner!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.