Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Deal Me In/Fill In the Gaps 2 and 1/2 Year Update









   Sign Up                                                              Hosted by Bibliophilopolis


It has been 2 and 1/2 years since I started my Fill in the Gaps/ Deal Me In 5 year challenge. This was a personal challenge I set for myself to read 100 books that I picked off my TBR list in 5 years. I am officially at the halfway point. I thought this would be a good time to update you on how I think the challenge is going and my thoughts and feelings halfway through.


I recently just realized that I have not read very many books for the deal me in/fill in the gaps challenge this year. I thought well maybe I'm losing interest in the books I put on the list and they just aren't the type of books that interest me anymore. When I first made the list I was reading a lot of fairy tale retellings. While I still read that genre I often choose to read more contemporaries now days. I looked through the list and here is what I realized. The books I chose to be on this list are books I want to read. At this point in the road most of the books that didn't make the cut have already been weeded out and replaced by other books. The books that remain on the list have past the test of time with me. When I look at the list they are all books I want to read soon. When I made my coyer summer reading list many of the books that are apart of this challenge made it on the list because they are still books that I care about. I really think I did an amazing job with this list.

So far I have read 31 books off the list for 2015 and 2016 combined. At this point in the year I have read 3 books off the list. Here is what I realize that while I still want to read the books I'm not reaching for them as often as I was one or two years ago. Because this is a static list it does not keep up with the new releases, so the newer books are getting chosen over the backlist books. I still think that this challenge is reachable and I hope to have my total up to 45 books or more by the end of the year. I'm just going to have to remember to choose books from the list more often. So far I haven't had to play catch up and I don't want to start now.

I have also made a page in my bullet journal to help me remember what books I want to read by the end of the year to stay on track with this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.