Saturday, February 3, 2018

To Be Read List Let's Vote February

Hosted by Because Reading
It is always a continual goal for me to read books on my goodreads TBR list. I started 2016 with 335 books on my TBR and I started 2017 with 368 books on my TBR list. I'm starting 2017 with 394 books on my TBR list. The list is endless as authors continue to write and there is a million good books out there. This year I'm doing the My To Be Read List differently. I'm always going to choose three books from my deal me in/fill in the gaps person challenge. I'm hoping this will help me to knock off more books for that challenge.

I'm interested to see which one you guys pick. I'm excited to read all of these books.


A warm June evening, a local tradition: the students of Nantucket High have gathered for a bonfire on the beach. What begins as a graduation night celebration ends in tragedy after a horrible car crash leaves the driver, Penny Alistair, dead, and her twin brother in a coma. The other passengers, Penny's boyfriend, Jake, and her friend Demeter, are physically unhurt--but the emotional damage is overwhelming. Questions linger about what happened before Penny took the wheel.

 As summer unfolds, startling truths are revealed about the survivors and their parents--secrets kept, promises broken, hearts betrayed. Elin Hilderbrand explores the power of community, family, and honesty, and proves that even from the ashes of sorrow new love can take flight.


"Blessed" or "cursed" with an ability to understand animals, the Lass (as she's known to her family) has always been an oddball. And when an isbjorn (polar bear) seeks her out, and promises that her family will become rich if only the Lass will accompany him to his castle, she doesn't hesitate. But the bear is not what he seems, nor is his castle, which is made of ice and inhabited by a silent staff of servants. Only a grueling journey on the backs of the four winds will reveal the truth: the bear is really a prince who's been enchanted by a troll queen, and the Lass must come up with a way to free him before he's forced to marry a troll princess.

It isn't easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true.

 When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.

 The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past—and hers?

5 comments:

  1. Enchanted because I have that one and have never read it but want too. :) Can't wait to see which one wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went with Enchanted because it sounds really good. I hope you enjoy whichever one wins!

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    All three sound great, but went with Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow. Sounds like a mystery and romance in one. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted for Enchanted, it's a really good one. Hope you enjoy whichever book wins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of any of these, but they all sound like they will be worthwhile reads. I ended up voting for Enchanted, although I came really close to picking Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow. I hope you enjoy whichever wins! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.